Student Academic Advisor
Laura Demir is a Student Academic Advisor for the Media Studies program and advises intended and declared students in the major.
Laura advises students in-person and remotely via appointment, drop-in advising, and email.
Additional information regarding scheduling an appointment and drop-in advising is in the section below.
Fall 2023 and End of Year Advising Schedule
Changes to advising availability (updated 11/17/23):
- The UGIS and Media Studies offices will close at noon on Wednesday, November 22nd.
- The University will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd and Friday. November 24th.
- Drop-in advising on Monday, November 27th is canceled.
- Note new drop-in hours and locations (295 Evans Hall or via Zoom).
- See no drop-in dates below drop-in hours below. Check back for updates.
Tuesday 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.
To schedule a 30 minute appointment with Laura Demir, go to: https://laura-demir.youcanbook.me/
Students can book two weeks in advance of appointment. If no appointments available, check back or come to drop-in advising.
Monday 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Zoom link
Tuesday 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. in 295 Evans Hall – Click here for the 11/21 Zoom link.
Thursday 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. in 295 Evans Hall
Friday 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Zoom link
* No Drop-in Advising Dates: University holidays (9/4, 11/10, 11/23 & 11/24) and 8/22, 9/5, 9/15, 10/20, 11/27, 12/5, 12/12 & 12/22 (after semester over).
To attend remote drop-in hours, click the relevant link above during the time listed. Upon entering, students will be put in a waiting room and advised in the order that they enter. Have your SID# and questions ready.
Schedule may change periodically. Check this page for updates and future dates.